[AT] Semi-OT - Looking at Hemi hauler

charlie hill chill8 at suddenlink.net
Sat Jul 26 08:44:23 PDT 2008

Dave,  My GMC has the short bed but that is not a problem for me as I'm
accustomed to it.  I haven't owned a pickup with an 8' bed since the mid
70's.   The Dodge trucks have an even larger cab than my GMC.  They have a
LOT of room.  You know it's gonna take an acre to turn it around.  The thing
you might not have thought about is blind spots.  All of the crew cabs that
I know anything about have fairly severe blind spots.  You'll get used to
it.  Just don't change lanes in a hurry.   A couple of months ago I ran a
guy completely off of the interstate into the median.  I looked in all of my
mirrors and over my shoulder and turned on my turn signal before I changed
lanes.  I changed lanes slowly too.  The only way I knew what happened was I
heard tires on a rumble strip and knew they weren't mine.  No he wasn't in a
small car either.  He was driving a truck almost identical to mine.  He
didn't seem mad about it.  I guess he knew what the deal was.

Charlie