[AT] Subject: Re: Portland Info/ash trees

charlie hill chill8 at suddenlink.net
Sat Jul 26 08:12:15 PDT 2008

When I was a kid there were little bushes around here that we called
Chinquapins.  They were usually no more than shoulder high and had a little
nut on them.  Since there were no real Chestnut trees around here I never
made the connection between the two.  As I got older and stopped playing in
the woods I stopped paying attention to them.  Then after a number of years
I started to look for them but have never seen one since.  Later on I
realized they probably were some sort of Chestnut  and I guess they are all
gone now.

Charlie