[AT] Semi-OT - Looking at Hemi hauler

Dave Merchant kosh at ncweb.com
Fri Jul 25 23:45:19 PDT 2008

Looking at a 2003 Dodge 2500, 5.7 Hemi, 2wd, crew cab,
8' bed, 116K miles, pretty clean, just the start of some
seam rust on the bed top.

Brand new Michelins, load range E.
Power everything.

Hitch receiver + rather large electric socket there (didn't look at the
pinout yet).
In this area, I suspect it was used to pull either horses or a boat.

Price from a well known reputable lot just under $9K, I think it's the gas
guzzler stigma.
Carfax came out good, going to get it on a lift Monday.

Looks like a good tractor hauler to me, to replace my
1987 Ford 1 ton dually with the International 6.9 diesel.

Any opinions, problems?

How much less pull will I get than the old Ford diesel?
How many gallons per mile?

Someone said this engine shuts off some cylinders for economy on the hiway,
true/false?

Thanks
Dave Merchant

Dave Merchant