[AT] Spam> Re: Fw: IH 350 u TEST ??

Cecil Bearden crbearden at copper.net
Fri Jul 25 14:34:41 PDT 2008

I picked up a 930 case on LP last year about this time.  I finally got
around to working on it, it ran well, but needed a battery bracket and
new hyd couplings, I have a front blade for it so I ran hoses and
couplings to the front to connect the blade.  I have spent over 2 days
working on the seat.  I liked the original comfort king seat, and this
one was worn out.  I bored out the cstings and the rubber spring and
then inserted bushings that I had to bore also.  My lathe broke a belt
in the middle of all this too!!  Ithen found a seat that fit into the
seat pan instead of replacing the high priced cushions.  Now all I have
to do is mount it...

I got to thinking about these tractors nearly 50 years old.  They still
have a lot of power, but the small things that need to be repaired would
cost more than they are worth if you had to take it to a dealer.  It
takes me a long time to do small projects now, and I am ashamed that it
takes so long.  I don't know if it is because I spend so long looking
for the correct part or with my broken back I have to have a lift to
pick up anything over 30 lbs or my arthritis and carpal tunnel that
causes me to drop bolts three times when assembling something. When it
comes to starting threads, I have to look at my hands they go to sleep
when I grip anything...  It just takes a long time to fix anything
around here.  Then I have to put up with my 87 years old father telling
me every move to make and standing between me and whatever I am working
on.  I have to move him or walk around the tractor to get anything.....
It is like trying to rebuild a tractor in an  obstacle course.  The 100+
degree weather does not help a lot either.

I used to install double clutches in Massey Fergusons in 2 hours,
rebuild hydraulic systems in an afternoon.  Now it takes 2 days to
change a set of rear tires.  1 tire a day!!!

If I had known that I would have lived this long, I would have taken a
little better care of my body.

Am I the only one who has this problem?

Cecil in OKla