[AT] Melting it all down.(copper is the new gold)

charlie hill chill8 at suddenlink.net
Thu Jul 17 20:37:26 PDT 2008

I had my scanner turned on yesterday.  A lady called the Sheriffs dept to
report her car stolen from a garage that was supposed to be working on it.
A few minutes later the dispatcher called the deputy again and said she just
got an anonymous call from another woman that said "that car has already
been crushed" and hung up.

Of course any of you guys that own land know that anything on it that hasn't
been moved in the past week is free for the taking .... right?  Just the
same as any thing the metal detector guys find on your place.  They take
anything they want and leave their trash, car tires, limbs and leaves and
get mad if you say anything about it.

I'm on my soap box now and this is a good time to say this when I'm not
talking about anything that anyone on the list has posted.  Every now and
then I hear folks on this list and other places talk about the good things
they find in old barns and in fence rows in the back of fields.  I've got
news for you fellows.  It doesn't matter if the stuff has been there for 100
years if it's out of sight from the highway and you see it and know about it
you have been tresspassing unless you asked permission to go onto the land
and if you take any of it you are stealing.  Just something to think about.

Charlie