[AJD] Two cylinder 420

Dean Van Peursem deanvp at att.net
Thu Jul 17 22:26:29 PDT 2008

Bill,

Apparently JD decided the 160 was best for this tractor when using gas. I don't
have experience with the vertical two cylinders but I much prefer higher temps
for the gas horizontal two cylinder tractors. But I sure wouldn't recommend
anything for a 420 other than what JD recommends. I'm sure for the "All Fuel"
tractors, the 180 degree thermostat improved complete combustion a bit.
Typically "All Fuel" tractors were lower compression than gas and maybe a gas
engine with higher compression needed more thermal head room under heavy load
when combined with high ambient temperature.

Dean Van Peursem
Snohomish, WA

If we take the time to count our blessings we don't have time to complain.