[AJD] JD trailer ID

wayne johnson wjohnson at bigriver.net
Thu Jul 17 18:43:41 PDT 2008

Phil,

I am in the process of restoring a single axle, dual wheel John Deere
Trailer.  It is 14' 2" long, tilt bed, hand winch   It is a full 8' wide,
does not have brakes.  Tires are 7:00X15 8 Ply and I think are original as
they all match and show about 50% wear.  The tag says John Deere as do the
wheel Hubs.  No numbers or names.  I have doubts about it being made by John
Deere but rather for John Deere as the welds are ugly.  Definately a tough
trailer.  Green paint is everywhere on it so it was painted before planks
were installed, which were very rotten oak 2"  thick.  It was used enough
that the hand crank winch has extreme wear on the gears.  Rather an
interesting piece of equipment.
Merle Wayne  West TN