[AJD] JD trailer ID

Dave Mayfield deere at gwltd.com
Wed Jul 16 22:56:20 PDT 2008

Phil, I'm no expert, but my first thought is that it's not made by JD.
Perhaps the hub cabs but not the trailer, I don't recall every seeing a
JD trailer like that.

I have an old grain gravity wagon I painted in JD colors just last fall,
because I had some extra JD colors from another job. It looks great. I
bet many people would think it was made by JD, now if I could only find
some hub cabs like yours!

Dave,

Moline, Illinois.

Phil Kelley wrote:
> I am trying to identify a (model # ?) single axle, dual wheel JD trailer.  It has a tilting steel flat bed approx 6' x 12'.  Also has cable actuated drum brakes.  Only visual indications it is JD is the casting on the hub-caps and original green paint. I would guess it to be circa late 40's.
>
> If anyone can give me a source to search to help with the id of this trailer it6 would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks - Phil Kelley
> N Georgia

     Dave W9WRL
 www.w9wrl.com/w9wrl