[AT] AC C loose front end

Phil Auten pga2 at hot1.net
Wed Jul 16 17:12:32 PDT 2008

David,
Sorry for the late reply here, but I just figured out why I couldn't
get to my email from home.
By now you're probably aware that there are two different steering
boxes used on the B and C tractors,
Ross and Gemmer.  One has a simple adjustment screw like most older
auto steering boxes and the
other needs to be shimmed or disassembled to adjust it. I hope you
have the easy one to adjust.
Let us know how it turns out.

Phil

P.S.
There are two or three guys in Oklahoma that deal in used A.C. parts,
Jim Danforth and Okie.
Both can be found on the Allis-Chalmers forum at allischalmers.com.
One or the other should be able
to provide you with any parts you might need. Both are fine folks to
deal with, I know from personal
experience.