[AT] little ot maybe gooseneck hitch

Lew Best bee_keeper at earthlink.net
Tue Jul 15 19:22:28 PDT 2008

Hey guys

Been a long time since I had a gooseneck trailer; need to mount a hitch
in my truck bed for one now.  Got a fold-down hitch at a yard sale;
factory mounting brackets priced outa this world!  Local place wants
“about 400-500 bux” to build the mount & install it.  I got a pic of the
factory mounting kit; looks easy enough to make but what I can’t recall
is exactly where the ball mounts.  Directly over the rear axle?  Little
ahead?  Little behind?

Any tips appreciated.  BTW the truck is an ’05 dodge ¾ ton diesel; 8’
bed.

Thanks!

Lew near Waco, TX