[AT] Thanks for your help!

George Willer gwill at gwill.net
Sat Jul 12 18:56:37 PDT 2008

> I'll likely disappoint many, however, when
> I confess that the only 'fiddle' music I ever memorized was the Orange
> Blossom Special, which was President Ford's favorite tune.  I think I
> played that at every State Dinner he hosted in the White House during
> his administration.
>
> Hey, Ivan, I have been to the Portland show.  It was amazing!  Too big
> to see in one day, that's for sure.  I purchased a wonderful hit and
> miss engine there and enjoy firing it up at least two or three times
> each week, year 'round.  I just love the sound of those old gas engines.

Hi Harold,

Health issues will keep me away from the Portland show this year for the
first time in 33 years.  In recent years we've had a special ATIS camp site.

Especially in the earlier years we made it a point to watch the fiddle
contest.  It seemed almost mandatory for each contestant to play their
version of "Orange Blossom Special" to great applause.  The last time we
watched it the winner was Gene Damschroder, the owner of our local
airport... and the instructor who signed me off for my license check ride in
1967.  Unfortunately, he and 5 other people were killed about a month ago in
his Cessna 206.

George Willer