[AT] tractor restoration lessons wanted

Larry Goss rlgoss at insightbb.com
Thu Jul 10 14:33:06 PDT 2008

I don't know what you've been reading, Harold, but I would recommend that you pick up some of Roger Welsch's books on the subject.  IMHO, those will give you the right attitude and a lot of practical help for getting started.  Like you, he spent a career in "other pursuits" before seeing the light.  The last I knew, Ol' Rog is a member of this group, so he may respond.  His first book was "Busted Iron and Rusty Knuckles" or something like that [Busted Tractors and Rusty Knuckles: Norwegian Torque Wrench Techniques and Other Fine Points of Tractor Restoration].

'Nuff said.  Good luck.  You will find that tuning an engine makes use of exactly the same critical listening skills as tuning a stringed instrument.

Larry