[AT] Allis Chalmers oil level check

Rob Wilson rowilson at wildblue.net
Sun Jul 6 19:47:02 PDT 2008

The answer is no there isn't a fill plug and level plug on a WD-45 that I
can recall. There is a dipstick plug on the PTO/transmission housing on the
left side that you can read. The others are fill to the top of the threads.
If your tractor has any hours on it at all prepare to split it and put in
the PTO/tranny seal the is back to back. They get hard wear the shaft and
start swapping fluids between the housings and then the hydraulics don't
work worth beans. Speaking from experience make sure the final drive pans
aren't leaking and are full or it won't be fun to fix.
Rob