[Steam-engine] Case main bearing lube

Richard Strobel Richard_Strobel7 at msn.com
Sat Jul 5 05:56:42 PDT 2008

Thanks guys for all the replies!  Thursday we test flew the Case and spent
most of the day getting the injectors up and working properly.  I didn't get
a picture but the reservoir caps (if they were there) would hinge at the top
of the main bearing cap.  The small depression reservoirs are now at an
approximate 45 degree angle and I can see no way that these reservoirs can
hold any oil.  It appears the caps are installed upside down.  Next time
down to Barnes' Steam and Power show, I will eyeball the 75hp.

  Thanks again and we found the boiler number 22229 on the top right rear
head.  Any info on that will be relayed to the owner.

 "Hoping the 4th went good for ya'll"
RickinMt.