[Farmall] It's Battery Time

Nadzam, John [MCCUS] JNADZAM at MCCUS.JNJ.COM
Tue Jul 1 05:47:33 PDT 2008

Another good resource for ignition parts

http://www.dennyscarbshop.com/

I just switched my super H from points to the electronic ignition all I can say is 'WOW'

John

-----Original Message-----
From: farmall-bounces at lists.antique-tractor.com
[mailto:farmall-bounces at lists.antique-tractor.com]On Behalf Of Mike
Sloane
Sent: Tuesday, July 01, 2008 7:11 AM
To: Farmall/IHC mailing list
Subject: Re: [Farmall] It's Battery Time

I have converted several Cubs to 12 volt alternator, and the only trick
was to rig up the mount so that the alternator lined up with the belt.
It took a little fiddling, but it was worth the effort. I did the
conversions many years ago, and the only alternators that were cheap and
small were those from some Chrysler Corp. smaller cars. These required
external regulators that I mounted in the same place as the original 6
volt regulator. Based on what you say you have, I would spend some time
with the alternator mount to get the belt lined up and stay with 12
volts. One sourced of a "universal" mount is T.H.E. Company
(www.the-co.com>, but I am sure that you can probably find them
elsewhere. The universal mount is very flexible and can be arranged to
mount virtually any alternator on any engine (well, I am sure that
somebody will find an exception, like the gear driven generator on an
old Cat 4).

Mike