[AT] Tractor Hydraulics

Robert L. Holtzer rholtzer at earthlink.net
Thu Jan 31 20:41:21 PST 2008

You might consider building up a steering system
-- a bit costly though.  The in-line torque
multipliers are still available ( e.g.,Char-Lynn®
Torque Generator from Eaton).  They look
essentially like the old Char-Lynn power steering
units for Farmalls.  There is still the problem
of getting a live pump system.  The choice is an
original pump that fits into the
magneto/distributor drive train or perhaps a belt
driven automotive power steering pump?  I did
some searching for a used Farmall unit last
year.  Found 2 in the $500 range via the
Internet.  It didn't seem worth the cost -- either new or used.

Bob Holtzer