[AT] Tractor Hydraulics

carl gogol cgogol at twcny.rr.com
Thu Jan 31 15:27:41 PST 2008

Mark-
I added a front pump a few years ago on a D-14.  I think the capacity was 12
GPM at 1800 RPM.  This should make your loader with 2.5" hydraulic cylinders
jump too!  It is actually easy to do a calculation to see how long it will
take to fill a pair of cylinders 2.5" in diameter by x inches long at 12
GPM.  I would say that a pump between 10 and 16 GPM will work just dandy on
a loader.  The only drawback with too much capacity is it is hard to do any
fine grading as small movements aren't easy to control.
Carl Gogol
Manlius, NY
AC One Seventy diesel
(2) AC D-14, AC 914H