[AT] Fwd: Cat 12 8T 264 Motor Grader Brake Service

Tyler Hepworth raklet at gmail.com
Thu Jan 31 14:47:41 PST 2008

On Jan 31, 2008 8:07 AM, Mike Sloane <mikesloane at verizon.net> wrote:
> It uses regular brake fluid. But if the reservoir is dry, chances are
> that one of the wheel cylinders is leaking, or a line has
> deteriorated/split. I had a Cat 112 and don't envy your working on one
> of those beasts.

Thanks for your help.  I got into it and found the master brake
cylinder wasn't working properly.  I tore it apart and got a rebuild
kit for it.  I have brakes now (very spongy - have to pump them to get
them to work) and I guess only time will tell if a wheel cylinder is
leaking.  I don't see any leaks in the lines from the master cylinder
to the wheels.

Yeah, its a beast, but I got it for only $2,500 at a farm auction, so
I don't mind what little work I have to put into it to keep it running
for use around my farm.