[AT] Tractor Hydraulics

Mark Greer markagreer at embarqmail.com
Wed Jan 30 18:55:52 PST 2008

On my Case 430 I have a decent HD loader but it is operated by the tractor's
hydraulic system. This system leaves a bit to be desired so I'd like to
divorce the loader from the tractor's hydraulics and add a front-crankshaft
mounted pump to power the loader. Mounting a pump and plumbing it is no
problem. What I need to know is how do I figure out what size pump (GPM
rating) I need so I can get one purchased and start fabricating the mount.
Anyone here well trained in hydraulics who can shed some light on the
subject?
Mark Greer