[AJD] John Deere 403 Drawn Disk Plow

bill gray billgrayalt at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 30 20:29:28 PST 2008

  I have a John Deere 403 (I believe) Drawn Disk Plow with a manual trip that I think I would like to restore.  The plow including the trip mechanism works but there is a lot of loose motion in each of the pined joints and all of the bushings are worn badly. Someone who owned the plow before me had plug welded the disks onto the spindles.  I need to replace the disks (24” I believe), all of the bearings and bushings, and some of the linkages.  I am sure I can get the linkages made locally but can anyone recommend a source for the other parts.  I have a parts book and have checked Deere’s parts website but all of the parts so far have shown up as obsolete.

  Bill Gray
Huntsville, Alabama
Operational Tractors  JD 4000, JD 430W, JD Late Styled G, Gibson D

 Rework in Progress JD 430T, 2 JD Late Styled B's, JD 1010.