[AT] Pressure drop?

WF Smith mogrits at gmail.com
Tue Jan 29 21:45:06 PST 2008

Dean said:

> Warren,
>
> There are two reasons why they may not be 100.00% equal:
>
> 1.) The two grounds may not be at the same potential.
> 2.) Just by measuring the voltage you are creating flow,
> however, if a good high
> impedance meter is used it should be negligible.

Dean I'm sure they will be very close if not identical. One thing I can
assure you of though, is that the grounds will be at the same potential- I
didn't ground my shop separately. ;-) Search the archives if you want to
strike a lick at that horse.

I was just thinking of how we burned up circular saws and screw guns using
long extension cords but of course, we were using quite a bit of current.

Honestly I thought Farmer was shining us on since it is the slow season on
atis but clearly he is talking about friction losses which compare to
resistance in electricity.

It's raining too hard here for me to stand outside my shop and pull the
disconnect but I have 122.4 volts here at the house panel.

Warren