[AT] Digitizing LPs (Vinyl) Was Re: The Wreck Of The Old 97/OT

Steve W. falcon at telenet.net
Sun Jan 27 19:54:09 PST 2008

It depends on the sample quality and the conversion you use. Both are
adjustable.
Open Audacity and look at the preferences tab under Edit. You will find
a quality tab that allows you to set the sample rate and conversion rates.

For music
I sample at 88200hz
in .wav format (32 bit float)
I use a 192kbs conversion to mp3 using the lame encoder.
That seems to give me a very good recording with a reasonable file size.

For books, speeches and such I back things down to a 44100hz sample rate
and 60-80kbs conversion.

--
Steve W.
Firefighter,EMT,Fire Police