[AT] Stroke Information

charlie hill chill8 at suddenlink.net
Sun Jan 27 11:30:47 PST 2008

Check out this web site.  http://www.lifelinescreening.com/Pages/index.aspx

These folks come to our area a couple of times a year.  I had their
screening done about a year and a half ago and plan to go back soon.  It's
absolutely painless.  All they do is rub a wand on your chest and neck to
take ultrasound pictures and then check your blood pressure in both legs and
arms at the same time.  That's it.
The actual testing only takes about 10 min. and there is nothing unpleasant
about it.  With processing and waiting time it will take you 30 min or so.

You pay the fee, they send the results to you and no one else.  You don't
have to worry about creating a record of a medical condition or anything
like that.  The only time they ever do any reporting other than that is if
you are about to have a stroke when they test you.  In that case they might
call 911.

I checked out fine except for a little bit of deposit in my left carotid
artery.  They told me not to worry about it but to have it re-checked in a
year or so and that is what I'm going to do.

I'm not associated with these folks at all.  Just happy to have their
services.

Charlie