[Farmall] Whats new(old) in your shop

John Hall jthall at worldnet.att.net
Sun Jan 27 05:23:50 PST 2008

 Seems kind of quiet to be winter when most folks hibernate in the shop.
Anybody got anything exciting going on?

  I'm rebuilding an F-4 for a guy. I always love working on a mag after
someone else has been working on it. The previous mechaic had assembled the
top cover and used blue silicone for a gasket. OK except he let it cover the
brass tube that feeds oil to the rear bearing. Also put a huge blob of
solder on the primary leadout connection to the coil. He filed it flat on
the bottom. The problem with this is he only had a point of contact instead
of allowing the loop in the wire to drop down over the coil. And to top it
off he painted it that ugly orange that Chevy uses on engine blocks.

So what red item are you guys working on?

John Hall