[AT] The Wreck Of The Old 97

rlgoss at insightbb.com rlgoss at insightbb.com
Sat Jan 26 19:20:23 PST 2008

In the early days of Windows XP, Microsoft made an add-on program available for $15 to $20 called Digital Extensions.  It was mostly music-oriented and it had a dubbing program with it that let you put a line or microphone input into it that resulted in a digital transcription of whatever the original was.

That program has probably been replaced with things that are bundled in the Vista Media Center, but what you could do is to get all the versions of Preacher together and burn a CD containing all of them so you can hear them when you want to without having to depend on keeping the old hardware operational.  Of course all you're doing is replacing one set of hardware with another, but that is part of the preservation process.

Just a thought.  That's the sort of thing I'm doing with all the hardware-dependent materials I've been collecting from relatives in genealogy.

Larry