[AT] Here we go again

Ken Knierim ken.knierim at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 18:57:04 PST 2008

I haven't done it yet but a buddy of mine has his computer to the hard
drive he keeps (running) in his fire-resistant gun safe. He is looking
to put a complete fanless server in there (similar to my SimpleShare
box but with login capability) but hasn't pieced it together yet. I
like my SimpleShare network file server but apparently you can't get
them anymore. It's a network hard drive I picked up for $150. Plug the
network in and use it as a server. It's about the size of a book and
has 400 GB storage. This on top of 1 hard drive (a backup) I keep in
the freezer (poor man's fire-resistant storage) and the dual drives
(supposed to be mirror config but I haven't got it quite right so I
just copy one to the other) on the main server.

Which reminds me... gotta do backups tonight.

Ken in AZ