[AT] Here we go again

David Bruce davidbruce at yadtel.net
Fri Jan 25 15:32:13 PST 2008

Or you could have something like what happened to me a month ago.  My
system died completely - it was a motherboard failure so new computer
time (7 years with the old one was better than I expected).  The HD was
heading toward trouble as well - my data was backed up in a couple
places so in that area I was protected.  I moved that HD to an external
enclosure and copied pretty much all the data on that drive to the new
computer.
I'm keeping that drive in the enclosure for a little longer just to be
sure I have everything.
One thing that was easy was moving my bookmarks and saved emails to the
new machine.  I use Seamonkey (basically Firefox and Thunderbird
combined into one program.  I keep a current backup (I keep a couple
backups on a flash drive so I can copy that data to my other machines as
well) of the internet related things with another piece of free software
- Mozbackup.  Much easier that trying to deal with IE and Outlook
Express for the same operations.
David
NW NC