[Farmall] Chevy Diesel V8 5.7 Litr.

CDHORN at aol.com CDHORN at aol.com
Sun Jan 20 19:27:10 PST 2008

This engine started out with some basic mechanical issues.  They were  fixed
with beefier main bearings and roller valve lifters.  The main  problem with
them after that was that the dealers didn't know how to time the  injector
pumps. This caused the combustion to be incomplete and deposited  too much carbon
into the oil.  This caused the rings to stick and the  engine to loose compress
ion.  I had an 81 Riviera which got about 24 miles  to the gallon and the oil
would turn black in about 100 miles.  After I  found a dealer who knew how
adjust the injector pump,  I got 30 miles to  the gallon and the oil would stay
clean for 500 miles.  It was a great  engine after the basic mechanical
improvements and a dealer who knew how to time  it.  The dealer network never did
catch on how to fix them, so they died an  inappropriate death.

Clark
F-20