[AT] Off topic---soil sampler

H. L. Staples hlstaples at mcloudteleco.com
Sun Jan 20 06:45:55 PST 2008

Years ago we had a Small kit for measuring soil nutrients.  (Sudbury brand I
think)  From the kit you could get an idea, but not very accurate estimate
of plant food levels.

Here in Oklahoma we can send samples to Oklahoma State University, in the
Soils Lab they will test for a number of things including N. P. & K. Plus
sulfur and several other things including soil acidity.

Also if you list a crop and hoped for yield a fertilizer and lime
recommendation will be given.

Since we are within a hundred miles of Ardmore Ok. And we are signed up as
cooperators with the Noble Foundation a number of services are available
free of charge including soil test.

My suggestion would be to do a good job of random sampling and send the soil
to a lab for testing.

On 1/20/2008 7:36:53 AM, John Hall (jthall at worldnet.att.net) wrote: > Not
tractor related but farm related. > I'm looking into buying a soil > sampler
and was wondering does anyone have any personal reccomendations. My > soil
type is red clay with a fair amount of rocks. I've > checked out quite a >
few online and must say they come in all types and prices. > > John > >