[AT] ATIS frozen up?

Francis Robinson robinson at svs.net
Sun Jan 20 04:44:45 PST 2008

--On Sunday, January 20, 2008 6:10 AM -0600 oldiron62 at gmail.com wrote:

> Farmer you cold ?  I been thawing out the old Dodge all night. Put a
> waterpump on it a few days ago and used the old antifreeze after plain
> water  to check for leaks.
> Then today I er yesterday I was going to drain the weak stuff down and
> add  antifreeze. But in the process of cutting a couple loads of wood
> (grounds  froze good now) I was planning on fixing the antifreeze on the
> last load.  And run a stick of wood in one side and out the other of my
> right hand (ow)  so I didnt get to the antifreeze until about 01:00 and
> it was crispy then  but that worked out ok
> with a cardboard in front of the radiator. I was able to warm it up and
> drain out a gallon, then add a gallon of the good stuff. Well the heater
> is  still frozen so I have an electric  heater in the floor trying to
> thaw it  out for it bursts. Now I just have to baby sit the heater so it
> dont burn  the old truck down :-)
> Keep warm>
> Kevin

888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888

	Don't you just love winter... Do try to avoid that wood through the hand
bit, it is usually painful...
	A nice warm heated garage works great for those little frozen vehicle
incidents. Wish I had one. I do have a big 160,000 BTU K-1 heater that will
thaw out about anything even outside but I would have to take out a loan to
fill the 12 gallon tank on it.   :-(   K-1 is almost $4 a gallon here.
	I think you are just as cold down there as we are here or at least within
a few degrees. Its supposed to get all of the way up to 16 today. I'm
waiting until Wednesday to cut firewood in that blazing 33 degrees they are
promising us.   :-)

--
"farmer"

Francis Robinson