[AT] Neat jack idea

K7jdj at aol.com K7jdj at aol.com
Sun Jan 13 21:40:17 PST 2008

In a message dated 1/13/2008 2:54:58 P.M.  Pacific Standard Time,
robinson at svs.net writes:
That failure was due to
drag (normally eliminated by fresh WD-40) and maybe a weakening of the
rather light springs that engage the pins.

And don't place anything  you might want to use again
between the jack post and the heavy steel pipe  handle...

Farmer describes my exact problems with the Hi Lift jack.   I don't have a
problem with the general issues of lifting with the jack it is  the issue of the
handle wanting to attack me.  One glancing blow to the  face that loosened a
couple of teeth and one hit in the arm that took several  days to stop aching
made me see the light. The first time I didn't use wd-40 but  the second time
and others I have lubricated well.  After it beat me up a  few times I'm with
farmer and treat it like dynamite and have not taken any hits  but I sure
wouldn't recommend letting anything or anybody near the handle. Mine  is wood with
a large piece of conduit over it since time has taken a toll on the  wood.  I
always make sure the handle is all the way up against the jack  post except
while actually lifting or lowering. Oh and don't put your hand below  the
working part on the post when lowering it or you will get some nice blood  blisters
as Larry points out, but most post jacks of this design suffer the same
lowering issue once they aren't carrying a load.

Gary
Renton, WA