[AT] country disc well grounded

charlie hill chill8 at suddenlink.net
Wed Jan 9 04:59:36 PST 2008

Kevin unless you have some minature cows and those discs are only about 7"
diameter I've got a pretty good idea about it's size.  grins.
I might be off a little bit. Maybe a C Allis and a Farmall B would pull it
ok.  Like I said before a Cub will barely drag it out of the way.  It does
look like a nice little disc and in pretty good shape.
The big thing with old disc harrows these days is finding the correct
bearings for them.

I've got one old 3pt hitch disc that my Daddy bought new in 1959.  The last
time we rebuilt the bearings, about 1985 or so, we had to get a local
foundary to cast the bearings for us.  That place is not out of business.
The disc is a bit small for my needs now but the frame is heavy duty and in
good shape.  I've been thinking about going to Agri-Supply and buying new
axles, bearings and hangers meant for a modern disc and adapting them to
this frame.  In the process I could modify the frame just a bit and use
longer axles with more blades.  Has anyone ever tried to do this?

Charlie