[AJD] Crafty Ebay Scam

Brian VanDragt bvandragt at comcast.net
Tue Jan 8 19:45:15 PST 2008

As I finished reading the rest of my email today, I have recieved two more
of these scam emails.  Both claim to be the seller of one item that I am
bidding on.  They both have different addresses and reasons for selling it
to me.  Here's the first one:

"Hi,
I'm the owner of this item (the one you've recently bided on) 1/16 Kinze Big
Blue 640 Dealer Edition, MIB, NEW! - Item number: 200187276866
I am in a bussines trip for 3 weeks and i want to close the auction earlier
because i don't have time for it so please let me know your best price. I`ll
provide you 5 days money back guarantee, no questions asked. That mean! s
within 5 working days you decide if you don't want to keep the item. The
deal will go strictly according to ebay's rules and policy regarding to this
buy it now offer- to start the official transaction, i need to know:
First name:
Last name:
Shipping address:
City/State:
Country:
Postal Code:
Your best price:
As soon as i have them i'll start the official procedure, and ebay will
notify you about this. You'll also receive important guidelines +
instructions from them (please go through them exactly).
I'll handle and pay for the shipping, so this will be free of charge for
you.
Waiting for your answer ASAP!
Thank you"

and the second one:

"Dear bvandragt ,

You expressed interest on this item. I'm the seller of this item on which
you've recently bid on through the eBay system ( Item # 200187276866 -- 1/16
Kinze Big Blue 640 Dealer Edition, MIB, NEW! ) and I've contacted you
because I need to know if you are still interested to buy ... Email me as
soon as possible with your answer because I must to know if is necesarly to
find another buyer or if you can buy the item(i need to know your final
price)...If you accept this offer the eBay policy automatically proclaims
you winner. The transaction will go strictly according to eBay's RULES and
POLICY and will be supervised by eBay Trust & Safety Department. If you are
interested just reply to this message.
I am waiting a fast response!

Thank you!"

This guy wants to sell it to me or find another buyer, and the auction isn't
even over yet!
Brian