[AT] OT - Satellite Internet

Gene Dotson gdotsly at watchtv.net
Sat Jan 5 20:33:39 PST 2008

    Warren;

    I don't have satellite or Hughes.net, but I was in the same situation as
you are.

    I have had microwave line of sight for about a year now and am very
happy with it. Setup and equipment was free and monthly charge about half of
satellite. I have the basic service and connect at about 625 KBS, compared
to dialup at 20 KBS. It is not affected by rain fade like satellite. I also
have television service with them. Total cost for both of them is about
$75.00 per month.

    I don't recall where you live, but you can log on to the site below and
scroll to the bottom of the page and enter your state and it will list all
wireless ISP's in your state.  There is a map that shows the coverage of all
syatems. Look at the map and see if someone covers your area. The ISP list
will tell what areas they cover and their services.

http://www.onelasvegas.com/wireless/OH.html

                                        Gene