[AT] cool / rice

CEE VILL cvee60 at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 4 18:32:20 PST 2008

> From: cgogol at twcny.rr.com
> To: at at lists.antique-tractor.com
> Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2008 18:12:34 -0500
> Subject: Re: [AT] cool
>
> I'm thinking that in 50 years we will all be eating rice tailings since we
> will have to grow an unbelievable amount of it to pay the Chinese for all
> the junk we buy from them. The $ won't be worth anything and all we will
> have is the land that the Chinese own and can't take back to Asia.
> Carl Gogol
> Manlius, NY

Do not under estimate the sleeping giant!

Far beyond that, Carl.  The land WILL be taken to Asia.  All of the soil from the great plains will have been mined out and shipped across the Pacific.  The good top soil will have been used to fill rice paddies which will now be growing hybrid grain.  Wheat kernels will be as large as Bartlett pears.  The wheat stalks will be similar to bamboo to support the eight pound hybrid wheat heads.  All subsoil and gravel will have gone for fill along the Asian seashore and in harbors to create more land for industrial development and resort areas.

Meanwhile, back on the former great plains where Tom Mix .Hoppy and John Wayne used to hang out, there will be huge water filled bedrock quarries, most larger than a section. The only people living there will be known as quarry rats.  They will live on five foot by eight foot house boats and will have to net minnows for food. Not much life will survive in the alkaline quarry waters.

Crazy??  Yes.  Possible ?? Maybe. Just a passing thought.

Charlie V. in WNY