[AT] Now: PTO to Trailer

oldiron62 at gmail.com oldiron62 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 3 10:33:07 PST 2008

> Am I the only one that thinks this might be
> extremely
> > dangerous? As far as releasing the PTO on an M all
> you
> > would need to do is push in on the clutch, But
> this
> > still seems dangerous to me. Has anyone on the
> list
> > actually tried this?
> >
> > Tim

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 Tim,  I dont think it would be good on the clutch from a dead stop.  What
they do is hit N out of road gear and then kick the PTO in gear. I seen an
old Oliver 880 NF
tractor that would run 50 + mph. I think it would be dangerous but what isnt
? Theres a amish fella that has tried to buy a couple old wheelhorse lawn
mowers of me for a few years now. He wants to install a Lister twin on it,
to take the family to town :-)
I tell him no cause he will get the family killed when some idiot comes
around one of these curves / hills on the wrong side of road. And I can
imagine how top heavy that thing would be with the Lister on it.
I ask him to get an old pickup und he kinda shuddered ?
This is turning into amish country seems like they buying a lot of ground.

Kevin