[AT] Adding electric starter

charlie hill chill8 at suddenlink.net
Wed Jan 2 08:20:15 PST 2008

Herb,  a few years ago I bought a Fairbanks Morse 6HP ZC stationary engine.
It was fresh from duty at a saw mill where it pulled a planer, edger or
something.  It had a Chevy flex plate bolted to one of the fly wheels using
short pipe nipples for stand-offs.  I asked the guy why it was there and he
said they had a car started rigged up to start the engine.  I don't know
exactly how the starter was mounted but you're not the first to have such an
idea.  I don't see why you couldn't get it to work.  The guy I bought the
engine from said it worked fine on the ZC.

Charlie