[AT] Trailers

Paul Waugh pwaugh at embarqmail.com
Fri Feb 1 08:17:22 PST 2008

Since I travel the country delivering RV's, many over 10,000 # GVW, I should
go on to explain.  If the trailer is new and in good shape, you don't get
bothered much, if the truck is clean and looks to be in good shape, you
don't get bothered much, if you are obeying the speed limits, passing rules,
and basically driving in a safe manner, you don't get bothered much. I have
been in classrooms with DOT officers, and they can not agree among
themselves what is right and what is wrong, I have seen a couple of pretty
serious arguments between officers .. they're main concern is that people
are being safe .. pulling a 16,000# GVW trailer with a 10,000# truck may not
be considered safe.  I seen many 'rickety loads stopped by officers, while
bigger better looking loads are allowed to pass
Any way, an interesting topic

Paul Waugh