[AT] Minneapolis Moline grill

Francis Robinson robinson at svs.net
Fri Feb 29 22:17:00 PST 2008

--On Friday, February 29, 2008 8:16 PM -0800 John & Jan Paur
<johnjanpaur2 at directcon.net> wrote:

> Does anyone have a grill for a Minneapolis Moline BF (1952) for sale or
> know  where I might get/find one?  Thanks in advance,  John Paur

	Hi John:

	I think you can get one of those at Steve Sewell's house but you will have
to go at night,   :-)
	Those must have been a little geographic. I see them at shows today but I
never saw one around here while I was growing up. We did have a good number
of MM dealers here but they seem to have sold mostly R's, Z's and U's. Most
were tricycles. Very few wheatlands were sold here. About the only
wheatland we saw were John Deere R's and just a few of those. They are like
the High crops and single front wheel models. They are at the shows here
now but almost non existent here in their day.
	I rode along this evening as list member Scott Pike took some donated hay
to a horse rescue operation about 40 miles north of here and we talked
brand loyalty (Scott bleeds AC orange). One neighbor had all Massey Harris.
I just got to thinking about it tonight and I don't recall a local MH
dealer ever being here. I have no idea where he bought them. I was a kid
and was not familiar with many dealers in surrounding counties at that time
except for the dealer friend in Franklin Indiana where we bought our
Jubilee Ford new. Thinking back, in the 1950's we had in the county (that I
knew of):
2 Ford dealers
2 MM dealers
1 John Deere dealer
1 AC dealer
2 IHC dealers
2 Ferguson dealers
1 Case dealer
2 Oliver dealers
1 Co-op/Cockshutt dealer
Today we have zero dealers in the county.  :-(
Not even an independent used implement dealer. A few years ago I was
selling a little used stuff off of a lot out on Indiana SR 44 beside our
store. I used to like to joke about being Shelby County's largest farm
implement dealer.

--
"farmer"

Francis Robinson