[AT] OT-LP Gas fireplace insert

John Slavin chaunceyjb at sbcglobal.net
Wed Feb 27 09:45:30 PST 2008

Hello everyone:

I have a standard wood fireplace in my house that I haven't used in
years.  Our heat is electric cable heat in the ceiling.  The
fireplace in see-through with an opening in our living room and our
bedroom.  Our house is a smallish ranch style and the living room is
really a great room for the living room/dining room and open to the
kitchen as well.  I'm thinking of adding an LP Gas fireplace insert.
I'm thinking that would do a good job of heating our primary living
areas since they're all open, with the electric heat as more of a
backup.  Anyone have any experience with these and have any thoughts
or recommendations?

John Slavin

ps:  Tractor connection:  I bought a 500 gal. LP Gas tank at my
uncle's estate sale.  Tractors sold really high I thought.  I think
every tractor brought more than he paid for it.  Newest tractor, an
LT-90A AGCO that was 2 years old, sold for $50,000.00.  At a
consignment sale the week before, good equipment sold the same way,
HIGH.  One guy was heard to say that everything seemed to be selling
for 50% more than what it could be bought a year ago.  Land prices
are the same way.  Check out this site:

<http://www.kansascityfed.org/home/subwebnav.cfm?
level=3&theID=9754&SubWeb=12>

there is an excel file called Land Values-KC

It's for land within the Kansas City Federal Reserve area, and it's
insane how much land has gone up the last year; twenty percent
increase in value in the last quarter of 2007 alone.  If any of you
would like to read it, but don't have excel, let me know.  I can get
it and print it as a pdf file, assuming you have the free Acrobat
Reader on your computer.