[AT] energy

charlie hill chill8 at suddenlink.net
Wed Feb 27 09:25:28 PST 2008

Mattias, we call that Methane here.  Lots of "landfills" (our name for waste
dumps or trash piles) have
well points to extract methane from the rotting trash. We have them here in
the landfill in this county.  They use the methane to power generators and
make electricity.  Also, there is a lot of research done in the US on
economically capturing methane from livestock operations (primarily hog
houses) for the same purpose and to keep the methane from going straight
into the atmosphere.

Charlie