[AT] OT Tires

Brad Gunnells brad-gunnells at uiowa.edu
Wed Feb 27 07:01:38 PST 2008

It might be worth your time to seek out somewhere with a scale to see
what your tow load really is. If you live in a farming area such as I
do you could swing by the local elevator. They let me weigh my truck
and camper and then truck and boat so I knew what the loads were.
Many truck stops have scales also but would probably charge a fee to
use them.

Given the seat of the pants feel (I haven't weighed my tractor
trailer) to get it moving from a stop the boat and trailer (3600#s)
weights quite a bit more than my tractor trailer. This is one of
those Wally-Mo type 16' utility trailers.

Unless he's got a gooseneck or extremely heavy built trailer for his
tractors I wouldn't think the 14' trailer weighs 3000#s.

But again a scale is the real way to know where you stand vs. your
tow vehicles ratings.

Brad