[AT] Alchemy

rlgoss at insightbb.com rlgoss at insightbb.com
Tue Feb 26 08:47:10 PST 2008

Steve, if you want some fun reading about obsession with alchemy, look up the story of Guttenburg.  You'll have to search extensively to find the real information on line.  It seems that every sixth grade history class in America uses Guttenburg as the subject matter for an experimental class project on writing a website.  You don't want to trust material that has been generated by a 12-year old!

Anyway, Guttenburg was a dentist.  When the authorities found that he was hording lead for use in movable type, they arrested him because they were afraid he was trying to turn lead into gold.

The real Guttenburg website is out of Germany.

Larry