[AT] OT Tires

rlgoss at insightbb.com rlgoss at insightbb.com
Tue Feb 26 07:53:45 PST 2008

This is not exactly your mother's Dakota -- 4.7 liter V-8, Quad cab, 4X4, 5-speed automatic, factory towing rated at 7000 #.  I'm towing a 6X14 dual axle trailer with digital brakes rated at 5000 #.  It handles two tractors with no problem.  It typically gets around 19.5 mpg on the road.  When it needs tires, I'll be lucky to do it for less than $600.

My SIL decided to "see what it would do" just after I filled up the tank.  I was busy resetting the electronics in it when he punched the throttle.  The mpg readout went down to 4.6!

Larry