[AT] Picture resizer, handy little program

Francis Robinson robinson at svs.net
Mon Feb 25 10:32:42 PST 2008

	One of the major accomplishments MS made when they came out with this
Windows Vista-Home-Premium was to un-necessarily change the names of a lot
of stuff we were familiar with before and to hide a lot of stuff under
layers of other things so that the only way you can find it is by searching
vague poorly written help files... I hope they are not bragging too much
about Vista...   :-)
	I often have high resolution pictures that I want to upload at a lower
resolution. I can shrink them on-line but then it takes forever on my
connection to upload. A few weeks ago I reduced some pictures using Windows
Picture Gallery (I think) but it took me a while to find that function.
This week I wanted to do some but couldn't remember where I finally found
it before. Damn getting old is a PIA... I didn't have any of my other photo
software on this laptop and didn't really want it on there since it
duplicates a lot of stuff I don't need. I went looking and ran across this
tiny simple program that is so far working perfectly for what I want to
accomplish.
<http://www.rw-designer.com/picture-resize>
	Read the "configuration" notes to see the simple size settings. Down-load
it to your desktop. You just select the pictures you want to resize and
drag them to the desktop icon. Works quickly and quality is fine. I can
upload them to the web very quickly.
	It helped me, maybe it will help somebody else.

	BTW, I am now using Google for picture storage and their Picasa2 for
uploading etc. I think Irma and somebody else suggested this. Thanks. I am
now ready to start moving a bunch of my old iron pictures there.

--
"farmer"

Francis Robinson
Central Indiana, USA