[AT] Ethanol--- rail comment

Edchainsaw at aol.com Edchainsaw at aol.com
Sun Feb 24 19:15:39 PST 2008

In a message dated 2/23/2008 12:09:06 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
at-request at lists.antique-tractor.com writes:

And  there is another subject that really gets to me. It took years to build
up  a great rail transport system and only a few to cut it down and move
almost everything by truck. Overcrowding the highways with heavy trucks  that
I doubt can move freight with anywhere near the efficiency of a  railway
system. If we were serious about "going green', wouldn't it make  sense to
get the railways moving much of what is moved by trucks  today?
Just my opinion. Experts and economists feel free to enlarge on this  theory.
:-)

Ralph in Sask.

AMEN!!!!!     my uncle  went to  Washinton  DC  in  1978 or 9   about  trying
to  stop  the way  Railroads  were  FORCING  themselves  into   none
existance..  he got  no  help  from  Congress .    His business used  about  15 car
loads a year     and so they  would  drop him off  cars---  then  because they
only came down the line one time in a  month  charged him for  those cars
setting there  that  long.
The Railroad is  more than 10,000 times  more efficiant  than  at  truck and
trailer--- its just  NOT  as conviniant.

2050827?NCID=aolcmp00300000002598)