[AT] The disappearing chickens

CEE VILL cvee60 at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 24 16:04:10 PST 2008

Sad how some of the "great minds" of today work, isn't it?  A co-worker mentioned a couple of weeks ago seeing something in the Canandaigua Messenger that would never be printed in the Democrat and Chronicle from Rochester.  I asked if he meant news.  He was referring to an article related to a class project at the Canandaigua Academy (high school). The class hatched eggs and raised chickens to adult size as a lesson on food production.  In spite of protests and offers from groups such as PETA, the class elected to kill  and clean the chickens.  They then proceeded to have a chicken barbecue.   Maybe there is still a flicker of hope...