[AT] Computer Graphics Question

H. L. Staples hlstaples at mcloudteleco.com
Sun Feb 24 08:20:42 PST 2008

Al a couple of things, I also have a machine that is getting pretty long in
the tooth. Do you have the "crap cleaner" program?  With CCleaner you can
clean up lots of memory and junk on the hard drive that may be causing the
memory problems.
 http://www.piriform.com/products

Another program that I use is The Ultimate Trouble shooter (TUT) This one is
much more thorough it will help you to shut down some of the junk that is
running and slowing down your system. TUT will also let what programs may
not be compatibly, or that don't work well with your setup. TUT is not free
but I feel is well worth the money.

On the display I guess your monitor is still in good shape. Are the icons on
your desk top still sharply focused?  A little over a year ago I added a
flat panel monitor to my system mainly because I wanted it and it sure takes
up a lot less desk space.

Sorry I can't be more help. Perhaps some of the more knowledgeable will let
their light shine on this problem.

On 2/24/2008 9:08:16 AM, Al Jones (farmallsupera at earthlink.net) wrote: > OK,
> > When I changed ISPs, I had to add some new software. My computer was >
already pretty slow anyway, but this sort of "maxed it out." I would get >
warnings about being low on virtual memory, etc. I noticed that pictures >
and stuff on the WWW seemed to have been reset somehow, so that they were >
substantially lower quality--very fuzzy and hard to distinguish much >
detail. > > I had a friend tune up my machine Friday. He added some RAM and
> cleaned it > up, electronically speaking. I was hoping it would
automatically reset > itself, but it doesn't seem to have. > > I have gone
in the control panel and looked at the display options, but > nothing seems
to really help. Is there anything I can do to get my picture > quality back?
This is an older machine but it works fine for dialup > Internet and word
processing so I was hoping to keep it around a while > longer. > > A > >