[AT] The disappearing past

John Hall jthall at worldnet.att.net
Sun Feb 24 04:54:35 PST 2008

 The "County Farm" here was a short term prison work farm. More or less they
babysat the drunks and vagrants. Dad remembers a time the farm operators
came into the IH dealership he worked at to get parts. The dealer had
recently traded for an extremely rough Super A. The guy that ran the farm
promptly made a deal for it as it was apparently better than what they
had--surprising to me they had the money to buy it without going through a
bunch of red tape.

 The same farm had one old guy who had no where else to go. Everytime he
completed his sentence he would tell them not to give his horse away--he'd
be back first of the week.

 They tore it down in the early 70's to build a hospital.

John