[AT] AT Digest, Vol 48, Issue 18

charlie hill chill8 at suddenlink.net
Sat Feb 23 21:43:16 PST 2008

George,  a local community college has taken the motor out of a Chevy S-10
and replaced it with a bed full of 12 volt lead acid batteries and an
electric motor.  They are all bragging about it being the way of the future
and how electric cars will cut down on CO2 in the atmosphere.  I wonder if
they have stopped to think that those lead acid batteries give off hydrogen
sulfide and that the power company they rely on to recharge the batteries is
burning coal?

Charlie